Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hobble Creek Half Marathon 13.1



On Aug 23rd I ran the Hobble Creek Half Marathon with my little sister Emily. It was so much fun, even though we lost each other at the start of the race. I finished at 2hr 9min and Emily came in at 2hr and 32min. She did a fantastic job. She hardly trained at all, she is so athletic!




Joe and Shaylie were at the finish line to help cheer us on. It is always so fun to see them at the end. I think it helps me run a little faster when I know they are waiting for me. :) My sister Angie and my cousins Camie and Morgan also were there at the finish line. I dont know why I didn't get a picture with them. Oh well, next time.




Here is Emily running to the finish, hurry Em run Faster!!!



We had so much fun, I hope we can do it again next year!

4 comments:

Kiley . Amy . Ava said...

Heather! I found you guys through family blogs. I'm so impressed with the half marathon. You are such a rock star! I've always wanted to run a marathon, but never commited to training and the whole kicking my own butt thing(i'm super whoosy. Anyways- I'm so impressed! Congrats. Let's get together next week.

Jenny said...

heather I love your back ground you have to tell me where you got it and also where you get your cute running clothes. cause you know you run better when you look good. good job on your run!!!

The Gulls said...

whoo you guys finally updated your blog!! I was wondering when you guys were going to do that. Congrats on the half marathon! I didnt know you where a runner. I was bad this year i only ran one race. Next year hopefully. Heather you should enter the moab half that is in march. You would love it. We ran it earlier this year. It was our favorite race. WE are going to try for it again this year.

Durf's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.